JHM Registered Texas Longhorn Grass-fed All Natural Lean Beef
We have over 300 pounds of ground beef, along with Ribeye's, Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Filets and Round Cut Sirloin. If we do not have what you are looking for please let us know and we can have that processed for you to be available with the next one we take.
Delicious and Nutritious:
Besides being flavorful and lean, longhorn beef has less saturated fat, cholesterol and calories than other meat, including white meat. Studies have shown that eating lean beef can increase the 'good' cholesterol and reduce the 'bad' cholesterol in people with elevated cholesterol levels. Longhorn beef is a good source of protein, zinc, Vitamin B12, Omega oils, iron and selenium, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
The one thing about Longhorn beef is it is much leaner than Angus. Because of that your cooking windows are much shorter than with an Angus steak. The most common problem is folks OVER cook the Longhorn and you'll hear them say "Longhorn is tough." Well, that's because they over cooked it. The best aged steak in the world is tough if you cook it wrong. So here are some tips to help:
- Your Longhorn will cook 30-50% faster than Angus beef.
- You will prefer to eat your meat a little bit rarer than you are used to. What we mean is that you may look at it and say 'oh that's red, I like it pink'. Go ahead and try it red. You'll be surprised, if you cook it pink it'll probably taste a bit more done than you're use to.
- Medium and well done are not going to be the best showing of your Longhorn. Medium rare, or a light pink, is the most 'done' we recommend cooking our Longhorn to.
- Hamburgers, if you cook them as long as you're use to, will be dry and crumbly. Remember, as stated above there's not a lot of fat in them to insulate and increase the cooking time. The burgers WON't shrink on the grill and there'll be NO grease in the pan.
- Grass fed Longhorn should either be cooked hot and fast or low and slow.
- Why should I buy local grass fed Longhorn? 1) It's the healthiest red meat you'll find. 2) It's all grass fed with zero growth hormones or steroids added. 3) You know exactly what you're getting. How do you know the beef you buy in the grocery store is Angus which it claims? The quality of Longhorn hamburger consists of some of the best parts of the cow where the quality of the grocery store hamburger consists of random scrap cuts they grind into a pile.
100% GRASS FED GROUND BEEF PASTURE RAISED
CATTLE ROAM FREELY OUTDOORS AND ARE GRASS (FORAGE)FED FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIFETIME NO ADDED HORMONES NO ANTIBIOTICS
BRED-BORN-RAISED IN USA
1/lb Vacuum sealed packages
$7/lb - 1 - 9lbs
$6.50/lb 10lbs +
$6.00/lb $20lbs +
Bacon Wrapped Beef Filet - (2) Filets 8oz each per package - $20
Bone-In Ribeye - 1-1/4" Thick - $15 each
Round Cut Sirloin - $12 each